Overnight in Lavvo with Reindeer Sledding
The location has little artificial lighting and excellent conditions to hunt for the Northern Lights.
Instead of heading back to the city centre where you might miss a late-night dance from the Aurora, stay at this good location in a traditional Sami tent, known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags.
Since you are located a good distance from the bright lights of the city, you can thoroughly enjoy the splendours of the night sky.
Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your overnight excursion.
* All animals used are trained for the activity: However, the behaviour of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential to follow instructions for the safety of others and yourself.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front. Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
Season: Daily from 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021 (Subject to snow conditions)
What to bring:
• Warm clothes and boots, gloves, hats and a scarf.
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way). After breakfast you will return to the city by 11.00 (11am).
• Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 30 min, depending on weather and snow conditions), storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request. Included:
• Sleeping bag
• Hot traditional Saami meal (bidos) & hot drinks. Breakfast. Vegetarian option available on request.
Number of guests: 2-8 guests (up to 48 guests for the Reindeer Sledding)
Duration: 17 hours
Level: Easy. Family-friendly. Not suitable for wheelchair